Seit Ende 2006 gibt PaySys Consultancy einen Newsletter in englischer Sprache rund um Zahlungsverkehr und Card Business heraus. Der PaySys-Report informiert nicht nur über aktuelle Ereignisse, sondern kommentiert auch ausführlich die laufende Entwicklung.
Der PaySys-Report erscheint zehnmal pro Jahr in elektronischer Form (pdf) und kostet
250 EUR pro Jahr (Einzelnutzer-Lizenz) bzw.
500 EUR pro Jahr (Firmen-Lizenz).
Um den Newsletter zu bestellen, schicken Sie bitte eine email an
(Zahlung per Überweisung) oder schicken Sie uns eine Fax-Bestellung.
(Alle Ausgaben, die älter als ein Jahr sind, stehen unten kostenfrei zum Download zur Verfügung; bitte scrollen Sie ans Ende dieser Seite.)
Inhalt der bisherigen Ausgaben:
Ausgabe 7 (Oktober 2018)
1. Card fraud in Europe
2. Donald Trump - Father of the European Card Scheme?
Ausgabe 6 (August 2018)
1. "Vollgeld", virtual currencies and the idea of a cashless world
2. UK PSR plants to undertake an acquiring review
Ausgabe 4-5 (Juli 2018)
1. IFR: A debit card is "definitely" not a credit card
2. IFR: Relevance of "Universal Cards"
3. IFR: Violations by German card issuers?
Ausgabe 2-3 (Mai 2018)
1. Regulation 924: Lex Britannica?
2. Regulation 924: Currency conversion
3. Payment relevance of geo-blocking regulation
Ausgabe 1 (Februar 2018)
1. Judgment of the European Court of Justice on Interchange Fee Regulation
2. SCA & remote payment transactions: still without clarity
Ausgabe 9-10 (Dezember 2017)
1. Mobile wallets at the POS: success is not a foregone conclusion
2. E-Loyalty Currency: A Regulatory Gap
3. Threatened anonymity of internet payments: 5AMLD updated
Ausgabe 8 (Dezember 2017)
1. ECB publishes study on the use of cash
2. Application selection at the POS: A field test
Ausgabe 6-7 (November 2017)
1. Exemptions from Strong Customer Authentication
2. Cash & Cards: Insights from the new ECB payment statistics
Ausgabe 5 (August 2017)
1. Fuel cards and PSD2: there is more than meets the eye
2. DCC coming under regulatory
Ausgabe 3-4 (Juli 2017)
1. The Interchange Fee Regulation and the Greek way to trigger a less-cash society
2. Ec cash: Fake news from Germany?
3. Last and least: Payment experience in Prague
Ausgabe 2 (März 2017)
1. A new payment scheme in Switzerland - hype or hope?
2. The PSD2, the ECB, the EBA and the application of SCA to POS transactions
Ausgabe 1 (Februar 2017)
1. Wallets are all the rage. But what is a wallet?
2. The inconsistency of card-related ECB-stastistics
Ausgabe 10 (Dezember 2016)
1. EU Regulators Must Deliver on Credit Transfer Consumer Redress
2. “Still crazy after all these years”
Ausgabe 8-9 (Dezember 2016)
1. UK card fraud increases
2. India: De-Monetisation or Demon-Etisation?
3. Nets: Successful IPO and set-back in mobile payments
Ausgabe November 2016
1. 5AMLD: The end of anonymous online payments
Ausgabe Oktober 2016
1. The EBA’s Regulatory Technical Standards: Regulation gone astray
Ausgabe August 2016
1 France: War of the Card Schemes
2. JCB technology for Danish Debit Card Scheme
Ausgabe Juni 2016
1 Brexit: Possible Impacts on UK Consumer Payments
2. Internet Payments in Germany: Diversity is king
3. MasterCard said to be bidding for VocaLink
4. The mysterious third party card issuer in the PSD2
Ausgabe April 2016
1. Implementing application selection at the POS
2. Nets' Annual Report 2015 full of great surprises
3. Missing harmonization of IFR regarding commercial card
Ausgabe Februar 2016
1. Recent trends in Italian card payments
2. The EBA’s Discussion Paper on „Regulatory Technical Standards“
3. Swish – Sweden’s blueprint for a European real-time P2P system?
Ausgabe Dezember 2015
1. PSD2 requires harmonized and technology-neutra interpretation of definitions
2. Square’s debut on the stock exchange
3. First Russian National Card Scheme launched
4. Amex UK is subject to the interchange fee caps
Ausgabe November 2015
1. IF-Regulation & American Express: In or Out?
2. Trial against Cash
3. Varoufakis´ plan for a new payment scheme
Ausgabe September 2015
1. SEPA for Cards: Completed or not? An inventory
2. Apple Pay: Difficulties outside the US
3. Fraud with Australian NFC cards alarms regulators
Ausgabe Juli 2015
1. Fourth ECB report on card fraud published
2. German discounters are accepting credit cards
3. Lessons learned from the Greek tragedy
Ausgabe Juni 2015
1. IF Regulation and the Practice of Double Counting
2. Visa Europe for Sale: The End of a Vision?
3. Brexit: The Winners are moving companies and lawyers
Ausgabe April 2015
1. EU Commission publishes final report on cash- and card-costs
2. ECB card payment statistics: The missing 792 billions Euro
Ausgabe Januar 2015
1. IF regulation: Is it the end or just a beginning?
2. Who are the new kids on the regulatory PSD II-block?
1. Presidency reaches compromise on PSD 2
Ausgabe Oktober 2014
1. Presidency on interchange fee regulation: version 2
2. PSD II: A new definition of "acquiring
Ausgabe September 2014
1. Apple PAY: another chapter of the m-payment saga
2. Amazon's interpretation of "e-money"
Ausgabe Juli/August 2014
1. PSD 2 and the battle over access to payment accounts
2. Domestic card schemes: the ghosts that haunt SEPA for Cards
3. Presidency draft compromise on regulation of interchange fees
Ausgabe Juni 2014
1. More on the ECB's card report
2. Host Card Emulation (HCE): Coming soon to your door?
Ausgabe Mai 2014
1. Regulatory IF reduction in Poland 2014 and the tourist test application
2. The Euro Retail Payments Board: start and outlook
Ausgabe April 2014
1. ECB demands a renewed focus on cards
2. Russian Lessons for "SEPA for Cards"
3. Does the ECB propose a new e-money definition?
Ausgabe März 2014
1. ECB Secure Pay Recommendations for the Security of Internet Payments. The clock is ticking.
2. More on the proposed interchange regulation
3. The mystery of non-regulated "massive payment volumes" in Europe
Ausgabe Februar 2014
1. Results of the Payment Costs study of the EU Commission
2. MasterCard's legal interchange battles likely to continue
Ausgabe Januar 2014
1. Will the PSD II pave the way for EURO-ELV?
2. PSD II: Baseless extension of regulation - the missing case for the inclusion of "limited networks"
Letters to the editor
Ausgabe Dezember 2013
1. IF-Regulation - comments of the EP committees
2. IF-Caps: Retailer benefits of 6 billion € per year?
Ausgabe November 2013
1. SecuRe Pay: Be SuRe to hear more of it
2. Card Payments in the Netherlands: No innovation anymore?
3. Scope of the proposed IF-Regulation: Which scheme is in and which is out?
Ausgabe September/Oktober 2013
1. The proposed regulation of business rules
2. More on the proposed interchage regulation
3. Meanwhile in the US
Ausgabe August 2013
1. The proposed Regulation on Interchange Fees
2. New Study of the Social Costs of Cash and Cards in Germany
Ausgabe Juli 2013
1. The expected PSD II
2. The ECB on e-money and virtual currencies: Does the regulator know the regulations?
3. German Competition Authority favours bilateral negotiations on card fees
Ausgabe Juni 2013
1. Visa Europe proposes reduced interchange
2. New cost study: New Interchange caps for debit and credit cards?
3. SEPA-compliant or SCF-compliant: to be or not to be (follow-up)
Ausgabe April/Mai 2013
1. New regulatory initiatives from the European Commission
2. Rumours about Visa Europe
3. China's UnionPay: WTO demands a change of rules
Ausgabe März 2013
1. UK government plans new payment regulator
2. SEPA-compliant or SCF-compliant: to be or not to be?
3. Another European e-purse scheme is shut down
Ausgabe Februar 2013
1. Intra-EU x-border eCommerce: Another "SEPA success story"?
2. The success of the "m-terminal"
3. EU payment regulation: What comes next?
Ausgabe Januar 2013
1. European acquiring: Do the banks sell out?
2. Australian debit: Reversal of interchange
3. Effects to consumer prices of mandatory decrease of interchange fees in Spain
Ausgabe Dezember 2012
1. EuroCommerce on the basic payment application
2. New study on the effects of mandatory decrease of interchange fees in Spain
Ausgabe November 2012
1. European Parliament passes payment resolution
Ausgabe Oktober 2012
1. Green Paper Follow Up: The EU Commission's Road Map
2. Surcharging: News from Australia and the UK
3. giropay, eps and MyBank: Towards European e-payments?
4. Cost of payment studies: A sound basis for regulation?
Ausgabe September 2012
1. The wonderful world of anti-money-laundering regulation
2. Green Paper: EU Parliament preparing an opinion
3. Is the ECB the originator of the idea of a Basic Payment Application (BPA)?
Augabe Juli/August 2012
1. NETS to acquire Finnish payment giant Luottokunta
2. The Basic Payment Application (BPA) requires a basic discussion
3. eCommerce platforms and the PSD
4. Yet another faltering m-payment co-operation
Ausgabe Juni 2012
1. EU internet payments: eps/giropay/iDeal cooperation stalls
2. ePurses in Europe: another scheme in decline
3. SEPA-boost for x-border card payments?
Ausgabe Mai 2012
1. Italian government restricts cash payments
2. Restrictions on cash usage in some other countries
3. EU court rules against MasterCard
4. Thumbs down for Monnet
Ausgabe März/April 2012
1. Interoperability in the world of cards?
2. M-payments: Head: you win; tail: I lose
3. Canadian Task Force for the Payments System Review
Ausgabe Februar 2012
1. A note to our readers
2. Italian government wants to reduce MSCs
3. ELV: A life in SEPA?
4. UK government wants to restrict surcharging
Ausgabe Januar 2012
EU Commission publishes Green Paper on Payments
Ausgabe Dezember 2011
1. In search of a European e-money champion: And the winner is... Luxembourg?
2. Recent developments in the Italian debit card market
3. A "National Payment Council" for Denmark
Ausgabe November 2011
1. In search of a European card scheme: And the winner is... EUFISERV!?
2. New Kid on the Block: the ECB's Peter Praet on SEPA
3. E-commerce growth in Denmark is falling by 40 %
4. Regulation of debit card interchange fees in the US: The battle continues
Ausgabe September/Oktober 2011
1. Surcharging partly allowed in Denmark
2. A question of governance
3. Regulation of debit card interchange fees in the US: A first casualty
4. DG Competition keeps pressure on banks
Ausgabe August 2011
1. Co-badging woes: Visa versus CUP and BC Card
2. The evolving regulation of co-badging in the USA and the EU
3. M-Payments: the acquiring side
Ausgabe Juni/Juli 2011
1. French Anti-trust Authority decision on MIF
2. Fed issues final interchange rules for debit cards
3. Surcharging rules included in Consumer Protection Directive
4. EBA Clearing plans move into internet payments
Ausgabe Mai 2011
1. The 4-yrs-pregnancy of Monnet will come to an end
2. Cartes Bancaires proposes lower interchange fees
3. "Super-complaint" against surcharching in the UK
4. "IBAN the terrible": German politicians critical of SEPA
5. ECB and OeNB payment conference
Ausgabe April 2011
1. ECB comments on end-date proposal
2. German banking and business associations comment on end-date regulation
3. "Overlay systems": the view of German anti-trust authorities
4. Proposed German AML rule threaten to kill anonymous prepaid
Ausgabe März 2011
1. Payment visions of the Dutch competition authority NMa
2. Direct charging of cardholders for cross-border ATM withdrawals
3. The number of Payment Institutions expands
Ausgabe Februar 2011
1. SEPA Cards Framework: SEPA-MIF vs. domestic MIF
2. EPC critique of proposed end-date regulation
3. Italian anti-trust watchdog fines MasterCard and eight Italian banks
4. Belgian debit card scheme will become SEPA-compliant
Ausgabe Januar 2011
1. Proposed debit card regulation in the U.S.
2. Estimating payment costs
3. French banks oppose proposed end-date regulation
Ausgabe Dezember 2010
1. Developments in SEPA Standardisation Efforts
2. EU Commission Proposal for an End-date Regulation
Ausgabe November 2010
1. Unbundled Pricing of Merchant Service Charge
2. The ECB's 7th SEPA Progress Report
- SEPA migration end date
- An additional European card scheme and the role of interchange
- Payment card security
Ausgabe Oktober 2010
1. Italian Antitrust Authority reduces Multilateral Interbank Fees
2. The ECB's 7th SEPA Progress Report
3. To Compete or not to Compete - the "Scheme" as the Hamlet of the SEPA Drama
4. EU Commission Schedules Hearing on Migration End-date
Ausgabe September 2010
1. Canadian regulation of payment card networks
2. German savings banks want to go ahead with ec cash 2.0
3. Surcharging criticized by UK consumer body
4. A conflict in Brussels that may delay end-date regulation?
Ausgabe August 2010
Special topic: Setting an end-date: the discussion continues
Ausgabe Juni/Juli 2010
1. Card regulation in the U.S.
2. SEPA and other issues at payments conference in Granada
3. German anti-trust authority opposes proposed ATM interchange
4. Application selection in Australia
Ausgabe April/Mai 2010
1. A SEPA strategy for ec cash/girocard
2. Visa lowers its EU x-border debit card interchange to 0.2 %
3. Setting an end-date: the EU Commission vs. the EPC
4. Monnet Symposium in Madrid
Ausgabe März 2010
1. Three-Party Systems in the SCF: Correction and Extension
2. EU Parliament and EU Commission Pressing for an End Date
3. The Bankruptcy of E-Clear
4. Payment Institutions in the EU
Ausgabe Februar 2010
1. Three-Party Systems in the SCF
2. Principles for Interchange Fees in the SCF
3. New European Card Schemes: Round Table of Candidates at Frankfurt Conference
4. Anti-trust Issues in the Canadian Card Market
Ausgabe Januar 2010
1. SCF 2.1: A new version of the SEPA Cards Framework
2. Atos, SIA-SSB and the meaning of SEPA
3. The "market road" to SEPA: A small example
4. Kroes' farewell gift for Visa
Ausgabe Dezember 2009
1. Will PSD bring deferred settlements by merchant acquirer to an end? (by Dr. Richard Reimer)
2. PayFair moves ahead
3. Setting end-dates: An opinion from the Council of Ministers
4. Surcharging: Ryanair loses in German court
Ausgabe November 2009
1. The end of the Dutch PIN system
2. Application selection at the POS: Merchant options
3. US report on interchange fees
4. an extra charge for the payment guarantee?
Ausgabe Oktober 2009
1. Consultation on migration end-date
2. Interchange: Decision in Hungary
3. Interchange: Decision in New Zealand
4. Monnet: A new run-up?
Ausgabe August/September 2009
1. Interchange in Holland: Clarification and extension
2. EAPS: Connecting German and Italian ATM networks
3. Self assessment of card schemes: "We are all SEPA compliant"
4. The ECB keeps up the pressure on banks
Ausgabe Juli 2009
1. The thorny issue of separation of scheme and processing
2. Interchange in Holland: multilateral or bilateral?
3. The EU interchange decision: Suisse ripples
4. German parliament against end date for national direct debits
Ausgabe Juni 2009
1. Access to payment schemes: An opinion from the ECB
2. What the hell is a "tourist test"?
3. Germany allows no-surcharging rules
4. EuroCommerce lodges complaint against Visa
Ausgabe Mai 2009
1. Dutch Debit Card Agreement
2. Waiting for the third card scheme
3. CUP: New kid on the block
4. New E-Money Directive adopted by European Parliament
Ausgabe April 2009
1. Competition between debit cards schemes in Belgium (by Robert Wastyn)
2. EU finds (temporary) compromise with MasterCard
3. Visa Europe: Unwelcome letter from Brussels
4. French banks delay SEPA Direct Debit (SDD) by one year
Ausgabe Februar/März 2009
1. Belgian banks plan to shut down national Clearing & Settlement in 2011: Implications for
2. Finnish debit cards go international - or do they?
3. MasterCard believed to bid for Italian processor SIA-SSB
4. German card market in decline?
5. Cash - a product in decline?
Ausgabe Januar 2009
1. Proposed regulation of the Australian ATM scheme
2. Dutch retailers' vision of application selection
3. A court decision in favour of MasterCard
4. The "payment account": guidance from the EU commission
5. Costs of data breaches: Figures from the U.S.
Ausgabe November/Dezember 2008
1. The ECB's 6th SEPA Progress Report
2. The meaning of "cross-border": A clarification of the ECB
3. SEPA headache of French banks
4. The SEPA vision of the Dutch competition authority
5. PSD implementation far away from full harmonisation: surcharging, payment accounts,....
Ausgabe Oktober 2008
1. E-Money Directive II
2. Account-based payment services: credit institution, payment institution or e-money-
3. PSD implementation: German government takes a restricitve view
4. Spain: Servired and 4B join processing forces
5. European retailers criticise MasterCard's new acquirer fees
Ausgabe September 2008
1. Deutsche Bank makes the case for Monnet
2. The proposed SDD interchange fee and the meaning of "x-border" in SEPA
3. The proposed SDD interchange fee: Incentive for or against SDD use?
Ausgabe August 2008
1. EU Comm and ECB support temporary debit interchange
2. The 25th anniversary of the Dancard-scheme
3. SEPA for Cards: A view from Spain
Ausgabe Juli 2008
1. ATM business in the PSD
2. Access to payment schemes
3. Surcharging in the PSD
Ausgabe Juni 2008
1. No agreement on application selection
2. Dutch PIN system declares itself SEPA-compliant
3. First Data acquires stake in Eufiserv
4. The SEPA end-game
Ausgabe Mai 2008
1. End of no-surcharge rules?
2. Visa Europe is pushing cash-back
3. German conflict over direct debit
Ausgabe März/April 2008
1. EuroCommerce versus EPC
2. ING and Postbank offer Maestro and V PAY acceptance in the Netherlands
3. Security breach hits PCI certified retailer
Ausgabe Februar 2008
1. Cash-back in SEPA
2. Brand selection at the POS: A first conflict
3. EAPS - V PAY Co-badging
Ausgabe Januar 2008
1. SEPA for Cards: Next stop Falkenstein?
2. SEPA for Cards: Time to pay fair?
3. VAT treatment of financial services in the EU
Ausgabe November/Dezember 2007
1. The European Commission’s decision on MasterCard MIF
2. EC rules out CB’s MERFA
3. Neelie Kroes (DG Competition) on SEPA for Cards
Ausgabe Oktober 2007
1. ECB Concerned about SEPA for Cards
2. MIF and the Role of DG Competition
3. Gross or Net Settlement: Banks versus Retailers
Ausgabe September 2007
1. Co-badging issues yet again
2. The New European Debit Card Scheme
3. War on Cash
Ausgabe August 2007
1. Interchange in Singapore: A Blueprint for SEPA?
2. SEPA for Cards: So far mainly "Wait and see"
3. The ECB's new "Impact Study"
4. MasterCards stops plan to introduce ad valorem debit fee in UK
Ausgabe Juli 2007
1. Domestic Interchange Ratesin SEPA: Room for Doubt
2. The Eurosystem's 5th SEPA Progress Report
Ausgabe Juni 2007
1. SEPA: How many cooks?
2. Three-party systems in SEPA
3. ePurses in SEPA
Ausgabe Mai 2007
1. National SEPA interchange rates?
2. Co-badging issues
3. ECB: Oversight Framework for Card Payment Schemes
Ausgabe März-April 2007
1. Payment Services Directive (PSD)
2. Capital requirements of the PSD
3. Maestro: Set-Back in Belgium
Ausgabe Februar 2007
1. Final Report of the Sector Inquiry
2. EAPS Interscheme Fee
3. Swiss ATM Interchange
Ausgabe Januar 2007
1. BKM (Turkey) joins Berlin-Group
2. German cooperative banks sign V Pay agreement
3. Update: Payment Services Directive (PSD)
4. Decision on Interchange Fees in Poland
Ausgabe Dezember 2006
1. MasterCard publishes SEPA interchange fees for Maestro
2. German Sparda Banks will issue Maestro cards
3. Dutch SEPA ‘Polder-Model’ for Debit Cards
Ausgabe November 2006
1. ECB: EFMA-speech on a SEPA for Cards and interchange fees
2. Dutch SEPA “Polder-Model” for Debit Cards
3. Visa goes public